2010 Men’s Fall Style Advice
With summer officially over we at Smugger strongly suggest that you jump on the 2010 fall style trends early. The Smugger team hit has been out and about scoping the latest and greatest. Here are 10 Style trends that might come in handy for you this fall:
1. Cardigans: If you’re not already hip to cardigan sweaters then this is the time to do it. 2010 is taking no prisoners and you don’t want to be left out in the cold looking like a bum, then I suggest you scoop one up. The cardigan is smooth yet simple. Invest in a few and start with a couple base colors like Black and Grey. Step your colors up as you step your style up.
2. Belts: Obviously a belt is a must have. Correct me if I’m wrong but we all have that one favorite belt that we wear until the buckle falls off. Invest in a variety of belts people. Leather preferably, but don’t be afraid to step outside of the box without being too bold. It’s important that you belt matches your shoes or your tie at all times so be weary of what you choose.
3. Scarves: Ahhhh scarves…The perfect accessory to all of our fall and winter wardrobes. I don’t need to say much about this, just get some and ask no questions!!
SN: Please don’t get those extra thick scarves that are strictly for the winter, you will look terrible. Get something thinner that’s more for the look than the warmth.
4. Cologne: Now is the time to stock up on your smell goods. With the weather being cooler your fragrances tend to maintain that smell that hooked you in the first place. Stores go crazy with sales as it begins to get cooler do yourself a favor and jump on a deal every chance you get.
5. Watches: This is just to look cool. We never really look at them for the time anyway. That’s what iPhones and Blackberry’s are for. Everyone has their own taste in watches so get one that best fits your persona.
6. Loafers: Loafers are shoes that are perfect all year around. You can never go wrong with a fresh pair of loafs. Choose your loafers according, but I strongly suggest that you get more than one pair or style. There are tons to choose from and they tend to go with everything.
7. Jackets: Scoop up a couple jackets that won’t have you blazing hot. It doesn’t matter what kind, as long as it’s something trendy and stylish.
8. Socks: The socks may be the most important thing on this list. Please don’t get caught with casual gear and the white tubeys. You will get clowned. Get a little bold and add stripes and colors. Similar to the ties you purchase I suppose. Don’t forget, now is the time to start purchasing socks that are a little thicker than your summer dress socks. Not so thick that you have to buy your shoes a whole size bigger but slightly thicker none the less.
9. Dark Blue Denim Jeans: Now this is just my personal suggestion. Dark blue jeans are great for the fall.
10. Blazers: The blazer is oh so important especially since the weather is going to be changing. Wear it to work, a concert, and a party. There are no limitations. It’s not as thick or as heavy as your typical suit jacket but still adds a layer of warmth and style on a nice fall day. Try to get your jacket tailor fitted to get a smoother, more casual and sporty look. You can’t be walking around slipping out your jacket. It’s just not a good look.